Five Things I Shop for on Ebay & A Few Tips
Thursday, September 3, 2015
eBay is a great source from anything from DIY gardening to cleaning supplies. I've even been known to pick up a few beauty supplies here and there thanks to having naturally frizzy hair. I'm guilty for being easily distracted because there is so much to chose from, but what I use eBay for most is home decor. Below are five of my favorite items to look for on eBay as well as a few strategic tips. I hope you find this useful!
1. Rugs - I love using vintage rugs in kitchens and entryways and eBay is a great source. Use search words like oushak, kilim, or turkish and narrow your search further by size, price, etc.
2. Pillows - Designer pillows can also be found on eBay. Search words like John Robshaw pillow for a favorite designer or for the style of fabric such as block print. Tip: Be prepared for great price options!
3. Wall Paper - Maybe you are looking for a wallpaper that is no longer available from Anthropologie for example. Search Anthropologie wallpaper. Maybe there is a certain pattern you are looking for such as cheetah wall paper.
4. Furniture - EBay can be a great source for all sorts of furniture. If you are looking for more than one thing you can broaden your search by grouping items together in parenthesis like (bar cart, moroccan pouf, lucite nesting tables).
5. Accessories - Blue & white porcelain, vintage lamps, mid century decor can all be found on eBay. Do you love demijohns? eBay.
Also, the eBay phone app is very helpful for up to the moment bidding. You don't want that special treasure to be the one that got away. Once you find a seller you like you might consider "following" them to stay informed of new listings.
P.S. If you have anything else to add to this list or tips you don't mind sharing, I'm all ears.