I cannot tell you how excited I am about the bathroom renovation that is currently taking place in our home! The contractors are making great progress. The old tile, walls, and ceiling have been removed. New plumbing has been added and next thing to go up is insulation and sheetrock. In the mean time Mr. and I have been busy gathering all of the components to make the most of this little space for our sons (lucky boys). Have I mentioned before how small our two bathrooms are?
The plan is a very simple one that will hopefully fit the overall style of our 1930's home. We wanted to avoid trendy and stick with the classics. Here it is...
1. We are using white subway tile up to the ceiling in the bath/shower. There is a window in this area that will be framed in tile as well. No more yucky fake trim! A new faucet & shower head will go in as well. We are keeping our original tub and I'm excited to try some new cleaning tricks our tile guy shared with me rather than having the tub reglazed. More on that later.
2. The old sink had chrome legs that were rusty and gross. We found a pretty new pedestal sink that we love and cannot wait to see it in place!
3. We are going with hex carrera marble on the floors to replace the old tile.
4. I've been tossing around different grays for this room and keep coming back to seasalt, SW. I've used it in several client projects and it always looks great, works well with carrera, and gives that fresh airy feel that we love.
5. We looked at all kinds of lighting including very modern, but we kept coming back to the classics that remind us of the original lighting in our house. We want this bathroom to withstand the test of time so we went with a chrome light with schoolhouse shades.
6. I fell in love with this medicine cabinet, but sadly it is too large for the space. So we found another similar one that will work.
7. I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but really like the idea of a beachy print for the bathroom maybe in a reclaimed barnwood frame to add warmth and texture.
8. Because we are looking at such a small space, I want to keep the shower curtain simple. I really like this one, but also this one and possibly this one.
That's all for now. Tomorrow the upstairs windows will be replaced. All this progress is making me giddy!