1. Add green. I believe that every room needs something green. Whether it is faux or real (there are some pretty convincing "fauxs" out there) each room can benefit from a touch of green. If fiddle head figs are too intimidating, think moss, faux succulents and boxwood orbs. Glass containers allow you to see the most green.
2. Frames with oversized mats. Frames of various shapes and sizes make a great display, but I really like the visual impact of a larger mat. They can be used to frame art or photos and work well in groupings.
3. Chunky baskets. Anything that serves more than one purpose is perfect in my book. Baskets, especially the chunky ones are functional and add texture to any décor style.
4. Linen curtains. Window dressings can be rather costly. Even a simple white linen curtain can add loads of warmth to a room and make a room look more finished. They can easily be embellished with trims or fabrics or pinch pleats can be added for a more custom look.
5. Bamboo shades. I love the extra layer bamboo shades add to a window, especially when paired with white curtains.
6. Herringbone rug. This is my favorite rug! I have used it over and over and it always works! It is soft underfoot, adds a nice pattern without being to invasive, and the neutral color makes it versatile.
7. Glass lamps. I'm a fan of lamps in general and lately have fallen for the blue-green glass lamp. It adds a nice fresh touch of color without being too bright or too specific.
8. Trays. Everything looks better on a tray, it's true. I have them everywhere. They are great for corralling items in entries, or on ottomans. You can serve your guests using them. Bottom line, you just can't have enough.
9. Blue and white ginger jars. I've picked up on some negative vibes about blue and white lately, but I have to say, this is a classic. Yes it has come into favor lately, but blue and white has always been around I venture to guess, always will be.
Now it's your turn. What would you add to this list?