Let's start with the dining room. My client had already ordered a new rug for the room. She wanted to go with a neutral color palette using browns and blues. The room needed pictures, lamps, fabric, and window treatments.
Here is the picture she sent me of the room with the new rug.
And here are my recommendations for the room.
- Simple pinch pleat curtains
- Blue trellis fabric for captain chairs
- Audubon prints to hang on either side of sideboard to fill in the wall space
- New pair of lamps for the sideboard
This room needed accessories, art for a sloping ceiling, and lighter and brighter pieces to make up for the lack of natural light in the room.
Here is the room.
And here are my recommendations...
- Ottoman in spa blue and white paisley in place of coffee table with fresh tray and accessories
- Mirror and new accessories for mantel
- Large scale art to bring in color and add drama behind sofa
If you have ever wondered how e-design works, here is a great example of a picture that I would send with exactly what you need to do to. I took her photo and made a mock-up using new books and accessories to create a fresh, updated look.
We discussed the possibility of painting this piece, but for now I think adding in lots of white accessories, silver frames, and colorful books will have to do.
Once she received the mood boards, she went to work pulling the rooms together. Hopefully I will have pictures to share soon.
Looking for design help? Explore my services here.