Yesterday morning, I recovered the last seat and Mr. tightened everything that was loose. We also added chairs pads to the feet and now they are like new.
Even though the side chairs and end chairs are slightly different styles, a coat of white paint and a new fabric tie them all together. To paint the chairs, I first sanded them and wiped them clean with a damp cloth. I used 2 coats of Valspar spray primer. Finally, I used 2 coats of Valspar glossy white. I highly recommend purchasing a large piece of plastic for projects like these. A 10x 20 sheet was under $3 and worth every penny.
Now the dining room looks like a sunny garden room. The nice thing is that now matter the season, there is a laurel hedge just outside the double windows. I love looking out and seeing green. Also, I was considering painting the wall below the chair rail white, but I'm holding off for now. The white chairs made such a difference in the room that it may not be necessary - and anything to save me some work.