I'm excited to be joining my friends Kris @ Driven by Decor, Lisa @ Shine Your Light, Jennifer @ Dimples & Tangles, and Pam @ Simple Details for a fun monthly series. This month the theme is all about quick & easy holiday decorating ideas. I love Christmas as much as the next girl, but I don't want to spend a lot of time decorating. I'd rather be enjoying time with family and friends soaking in all the goodness of the season. So here are five quick and easy ways I decorate for Christmas.
My Five Favorites
1. Maybe it's the Southerner in me, but I've always loved decorating with fruit during the holidays. Last year I glued artificial lemons on a fresh wreath I bought at the tree farm. Talk about easy and it made a statement against our glossy black front door.
2. Fresh greenery from the yard is my go to just about any season and magnolia is one of my favorites. I stick a fresh branch wherever a festive touch is needed and it's easy enough to replace as the branches become dry.
3. I have several boxes of vintage ornaments in their original box. I love the boxes as much as the ornaments and find it super easy to place an open box down on a coffee table or shelf for a nostalgic touch.
4. Somewhere between Halloween and Thanksgiving I begin planting paper whites. I try to stagger the plantings so that there's a steady supply throughout the holidays. They enjoy a spot by a window and a shot of vodka so they don't get too leggy. ;)
5. Fresh greenery is always my first choice, but a few years ago I purchased this pre-lit garland. It's so easy to place on the back of our banquette and plug it in. Done!
You can join us by sharing your favorite quick & easy holiday decorating ideas on instagram by using hashtag #myfivefavorites. I'll be posting about it later today on instagram.
Be sure to stop by and see what the other talented ladies are sharing.
Kris @ Driven by Decor
Lisa @ Shine Your Light
Jennifer @ Dimples & Tangles
Pam @ Simple Details
P.S. Stop by to enter the candles giveaway.